Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Stephen Fry rips Catholic Church a New One

It's about time Ing's old lady got back in the act, blog wise, so here I am ;)  This is a video from (I believe) a '09 Intelligence Squared debate (wiki) where Fry blasts "The Church" for its sins, in his truly awesome manner.  He's always a pleasure to listen to, but when he's saying something that pretty much echoes all my problems with the institution of the Catholic Church, its dogmas, and its behavior - that's just fine livin' there!

I submit that all public discourse has to happen like this.  All of it.  Everywhere.  We will all wear double breasted suits (ok, fine, single if your frame permits), spiffy ties, and hone our speeches until they are firey-yet-polite.  This should discount most of my country's pundits and noiseboxes, but oh well!



The Intelligence² Debate - Stephen Fry (Unedited)
Uploaded by Xrunner17. - Classic TV and last night's shows, online.

No comments: