Monday, December 14, 2009

My Common Sense is Tingling....

Satanist torches Church.

I am...skeptical due to a) details being sparse on the story.  b) "Satanist" being  a fun buzz word lazy journalists love to latch onto.  c) FBI investigating fully and nevering finding any actual satan worshiping cults.

Maybe it is a lone nut, but the fact that they don't identify HOW he was a satanist (Seriously, did he go to a church?  News group?  what?) and the details really really make me skeptical to believe this.

Also I've found stories where the published new peice is almost identical but the location is different.



Interestingly, I've also found what I at first thought was critique for this story...but it's actually from 1996 where apparently we were plagued by a rash of conspiracies by satanists to burn down Churchs.

I'm willing to change my mind but everything seems so similar that it looks like it might be an urban legend that has revived itself from the 90s and local clerics are either falling into the hysterics themselves or fanning the flames to stir up the flock. 

No comments: