check out these two subject lines from today's inbox:
"muse for night deeds"
Ok, this one makes a little sense....."night deeds" nudge, wink. But a "muse" for them? Well, that's just poetic! "Geoffrey, Lord of Manlyshire, sighed deeply....where, in this fresh, verdant countryside full of pert, buxom lasses, could he find the one of hsi dreams, hsi destined lover, the muse for his night deeds...?"
"I know it was probably nothing more than a footman carrying a lantern across the lawn"
What the hell, is Jane Austen sending me spam?
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I so now want to use some of these as writing prompts for short stories
Actually, it's Charlotte Bronte rather than Jane Austen, and the line is from an adaptation of Bronte's _Jane Eyre_, in "Usborne Classics Retold."
I'm a Bronte scholar, so it's the most interesting spam title I've ever seen.
Really? I'm going to have to check that out, since I do like Jane Eyre and now that you mention it the line feels more Bronte-ish.
If the spam bots want to keep this literary-themed spam coming, I don't mind. I can take only so much "v1@gra" hawking!
Post a Comment